This seminar is about cultural differences between Dutch and Slovak business people. It is not about the conventional differences, but deep, invisible but the most important ones – VALUES, driver and motivator of our actions. In our seminar, you will learn first how these values are transferred on us, and how they influence our behaviour, business actions including. In the second part, you will explore this knowledge and translate it into action thanks to the real case studies, which you can bring in, and exercises. You will learn how to minimise cross-cultural conflicts and accelerate the effectiveness of your negotiations and collaboration with your Dutch/Slovak business counterparts.
An itim executive master class is the result of more than fifty years of academic work of Prof. Dr. Geert Hofstede, one of world’s most cited researchers. Over seventy itim experts, with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, are available to conduct these master classes, to take you from an international presence to true global effectiveness.
- Dutch Managers and Government Officials working with Slovaks
- Slovak Directors, Top Executives and Civil Servants working in the Netherlands or with Dutch
- Expatriates in these two countries
After this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand how national preferences and values are created and
- How they impact your interaction with people from other culture
- See your cultural bias and reflect on your own values ad assumptions
- Gain an understanding how the Slovaks will perceive your behaviors and the other way around
- Build the first step towards your intercultural intelligence, the key component of your international success
The seminar uses cognitive learning of the extensive research of Prof. Dr. Hofstede applied to real life case studies. Opportunity will be created to exchange experience between participants.
All course prices excl. VAT. Courses will be confirmed, generally, three weeks before the course date (unless otherwise stated). Until then it’s possible that courses will be cancelled due to an insufficient number of participants.
If you’re interested to have a course just for your company, you can request an offer by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Doing Business with Slovaks
with Jana Droessler and Sjaak Pappe
Date: October 14th, 2016
Duration: 1 day
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands